Search GKGrades.com

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chris Seitz Joins Third Team in Three Years

Chris Seitz has landed with FC Dallas. With Dario Sala finally hanging up his boots and Kevin Hartman getting older, there should be a fair amount of opportunity in Dallas.

One hopes that the Project 40 goalkeeper can put together a better season than last year. Mistakes like the one below surely didn't help his status with the Philadelphia Union. Follow him on Twitter @Seitzy1.

UPDATE: FC Dallas just posted an interview with "Seitzy" on their website. Here's a snippet:

FCDallas.com: What’s it like to be joining a legend like Kevin Hartman in goal?
Seitz: I’ve always loved training with good goalkeepers because the only way that you’re going to get better is by competing, and I obviously have that opportunity with both Josh [Lambo] and Kevin. From that standpoint I’m excited. I don’t want to embarrass him [Hartman] or anything, but I actually grew up watching him, so it’ll be fun to get out there with him every day and train with him and compete with him day in and day out.

FCDallas.com: How excited are you to be coming to Texas from Philadelphia?
Seitz: It’s my second team in two years (Seitz was with Real Salt Lake previously). I moved out to Philly and now I’m moving out here, so I hope to be here a while. I hope to prove myself and be able to stay here and call this place home for a while. That’s really the main goal, just get out here and get familiarized with the fans, with the front office and with the team and make it a good environment for me. I'm ready to get out there and get to work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts